Many countries around the world accept successfully managed and slowed outbreaks of the coronavirus and the affliction it causes, COVID-19. Notwithstanding, this virus is still impacting countries and communities in an unpredictable way as infections keep spreading. Information technology’due south still essential to take action to protect yourself, and heeding the well-nigh up-to-date warnings from trustworthy groups like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) tin can help you exercise so.
In addition to regularly checking for updates from those organizations, follow these recommendations to proceed protecting yourself during the COVID-19 pandemic.
General Recommendations for Protecting Yourself and Others
Taking a few key steps and following some unproblematic guidelines tin can help you limit your exposure to the COVID-19 virus. It’s important to remember that recommendations can change oft, and new information can emerge quickly. Check with the CDC and WHO periodically to receive updates to guidelines and find out the latest details.
- Remain alarm and proactive about your wellness. While older people and people with preexisting medical weather (such every bit asthma, diabetes, and heart disease) are more vulnerable, anyone can be impacted by the virus. The best fashion to continue yourself from getting ill is to avoid exposure in whatever mode you lot can.
- Launder your hands regularly with lather and water for 20 seconds every fourth dimension. If you don’t have immediate admission to soap and h2o, make clean your hands using a coin-sized amount of hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% booze.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow to avert spreading germs into your hands. Immediately wash your hands after coughing or sneezing. If you cough or sneeze into a tissue, throw it away immediately.
- If you find respiratory problems or are experiencing a fever, seek medical attention immediately.
- Follow all current state and local directives regarding the pandemic, such as wearing a mask in public and practicing social distancing. You may face legal consequences — and expose yourself to the virus — if yous neglect to exercise then.
If you lot’re fully vaccinated — meaning you’ve received both doses of either the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or you’ve received the single-dose Janssen vaccine — and it’s been at least two weeks since y’all received your concluding dose, the CDC has provided updated recommendations y’all tin can follow as a fully vaccinated person. Some, just not all, of these guidelines include the following:
- You lot may resume activities yous engaged in before the pandemic began so long every bit y’all follow current health and safety guidelines.
- The CDC strongly urges vaccinated individuals to continue wearing masks indoors “to maximize protection from the Delta variant and forestall possibly spreading it to others”. Doubly so for anyone who lives in or is visiting an expanse with high manual rates.
- Yous DON’T demand to go tested for self-quarantine after traveling if you are fully vaccinated.
To review the full listing of updated guidelines for people who are fully vaccinated, visit the CDC website.
Additionally, the WHO has provided updated recommendations to follow if you live in a community where COVID-xix is continuing to spread. In addition to practicing physical distancing, avoiding crowded areas, washing your hands ofttimes, and keeping rooms at your dwelling house and workplace ventilated well, the organisation advises the continued employ of masks to prevent the spread of the virus. To ensure that your mask protects you and others finer, follow these guidelines from the WHO:
- Cull a mask that covers your olfactory organ, oral cavity and chin completely; there shouldn’t be gaps betwixt the mask and your face up.
- Avoid using masks with valves.
- Launder your easily before putting your mask on and afterward taking information technology off.
- Wash your hands any time y’all bear upon your mask while you’re wearing it.
- Dispose of unmarried-apply masks in the garbage immediately after removing them.
- Wash your mask every twenty-four hour period if it’s made of fabric.
- Don’t utilise masks that await damaged or fit loosely.
If you currently have COVID-xix or are experiencing symptoms, the CDC suggests post-obit these steps to take care of yourself and limit the spread of the virus to others in your household and your community:
- Stay at home unless y’all need to receive medical care. This ways not leaving your house.
- Stay out of public areas as much equally possible when you do need to leave. Don’t use public transportation such every bit buses and subways. Also, avoid taxis and ride-share vehicles.
- If possible, sequester yourself in a specific room in your habitation away from other people and pets and employ a separate bath.
- Whenever you’re effectually other people in your domicile or in public, habiliment a fabric confront covering.
- Monitor your symptoms and contact your doctor immediately if they worsen.
- Seek emergency medical attending if you experience emergency alarm signs of COVID-nineteen. These include problem breathing, a bluish tint to your lips or face, lasting pain or pressure in your chest, and trouble waking up or staying awake.
- When seeking medical intendance, whether from your primary care provider or emergency services, notify them ahead of time that you take COVID-xix or believe you might have it. This helps them better set up for your visit and protect their staff members.
- Disinfect high-bear upon surfaces in your personal room and bathroom daily. These include phones, keyboards, remote controls, counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures and bedside tables.
- Someone in your domicile who isn’t sick should disinfect high-affect surfaces in common areas of your dwelling house daily.
- Go on to cover your coughs and sneezes and wash your hands frequently or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
Learn More than About COVID-19
These manufactures and resources tin help you learn more well-nigh a variety of topics related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-nineteen Safety Tips and News Coverage
- COVID-19 Terms: The Difference Betwixt Social Distancing, Concrete Distancing & More
- Here’s What Yous Need to Know Nearly the Multiple New Coronavirus Strains in the U.S.
- Fourth dimension for a Digital Detox? Hither’southward How to Regulate Your News Intake While Withal Staying Informed
- What Tin We Do to Protect Our Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Need to Navigate Public Spaces During the Pandemic? Here Are Some Safety Tips
- Everything Y’all Need to Know About COVID-xix Mask Intendance
- What Is Contact Tracing, and Why Is Information technology Important During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- What Is Pandemic Fatigue, and How Tin can You Fight Information technology?
Global Changes and Effects of the Pandemic
- How Have Local Farmers’ Markets Adjusted to COVID-nineteen?
- Life After COVID-nineteen: Reflecting on How the Pandemic Changed Schools & Educational activity in Lasting Means
- How Did Life Change After the Spanish Flu (and How Might Ours Alter Post-Covid-19?)
- Life Later on COVID-19: How Did the Pandemic Modify Our Approach to Air Travel?
- How Has COVID-xix Changed Picture show Fests and Award Shows?
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic Has Changed Workplaces in Lasting Means
- Life Afterwards COVID-nineteen: Did Public Transit Modify as a Result of the Pandemic?
- How Volition the COVID-19 Pandemic Impact Our Arroyo to Art Museums?
- I Went to Europe This Summertime so That Yous Don’t Have to — and Trust Me, Y’all Don’t Want to Go
- What Tin can We Learn From Vaccine Passports Effectually the Globe?
- Is an Airbnb Rental the Perfect COVID-19-Rubber Getaway?
- Is TSA PreCheck Worth the Investment in a Post-Covid Earth?
- The Surprising Impact of COVID-19 Shutdowns on the Surroundings
Quarantine Entertainment Resource
- Virtual Vacation: Dive Into Our Marine National Monuments
- Virtual Holiday: Experience the Excitement, Flavors and Culture of Madrid
- Virtual Vacation: From Street Cats to K-Pop in Seoul, South Korea
- Virtual Vacation: Wander Through the Peaceful Hamlet of Iseltwald in Switzerland
- Virtual Vacation: How to Spend the Perfect Day in Rio de Janeiro at Home
- Virtual Vacation: Explore the Azores From the Comfort of Your Couch
- Virtual Vacation: Travel to Bangkok Without Leaving Your Home
- Virtual Holiday: Check Out the Frozen, Crystal Magic of Reykjavik, Republic of iceland
- Virtual Holiday: Indulge in the Passion and Energy of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- What Is “MasterClass” and Why Is It the Perfect Quarantine Rabbit Pigsty?
- From “Contagion” to “Station Xi,” Why Are Folks Peckish Apocalyptic Content During a Pandemic?
- Long (Social) Distance: Tips for Staying Continued With Loved Ones During the Pandemic
- Your Whole Family Can Enjoy These Virtual Museum Visits From the Couch
- How COVID-19 Inspired an Animation Renaissance
- Life After COVID-19: How Has the Pandemic Affected Independent Booksellers?
- What Makes the Perfect Watch — or Read — for Pandemic Times?
- What the Emmys Tell Usa Nigh a Year of Watching Boob tube Continuously
- Move Over, “Animal Crossing” — Nintendo’s “New Pokémon Snap” Is the Latest Low-Stakes Video Game Escape
- Watch Met Opera Tonight and Learn Other Ways to Stream Arias from Home
- Visit These Atmospheric Video Game Worlds From The Comfort of Your Own Home
- How Are Television receiver Shows Narrating Pandemic Times?
- All the Books, Films, Shows and Music We’ll Always Associate With the Pandemic